Moving Violations That Could Add Points to Your Record
In our last blog post “How Many Points Will Lead to a License Suspension?” we had discussed how many points from moving violations could result in license suspension in Texas. But what are those specific moving violations?
Remember, when you are convicted of a Texas traffic offense, you will be given two points for any moving violation. Additionally, any moving violation that results in a motor vehicle collision is three points each.
The following are the common moving violations that are two points each:
- Running a red light or a stop sign
- Failure to yield the right of way to pedestrians
- Failure to use turn signals
- Speeding over 10% above the posted limit
- Traveling under the minimum speed limit
- An unsafe following distance, also known as “tailgating”
- Open alcoholic containers
- Fleeing the scene of an accident
- Operating a vehicle in a reckless and wanton manner
- Child safety restraint violations
- Texting while driving
Let Our Harris County Traffic Ticket Lawyers Help
At Paul Kubosh, Attorney at Law, we can represent you in court and lessen the negative impact that a moving violation has on your life. Our legal team can thoroughly review your case and determine all of your available legal options to get the best results possible. Do not risk fighting your traffic ticket without experienced legal assistance.
Contact us and request a free consultation today.