Antonia UguetoSenior Trial Attorney
Antonia Ugueto is a senior trial attorney with over nine years of first chair experience in criminal and civil jury trials. She has successfully defended both commercial and private drivers for traffic tickets, accidents, and ordinance violations in over 180 jury trials. She also has experience in insurance defense and family law.
Antonia was born in Caracas to a Venezuelan father and American mother and grew up overseas in Belgium and Cyprus. She has had the opportunity to travel throughout Europe, Asia, Latin America, and the Middle East. As a result of her experiences, Antonia has a global point of view and easily interacts with people of different cultures and nationalities. She is fluent in Spanish and enjoys representing Spanish-speaking clients.
In her free time Antonia enjoys camping, sewing, costume design, and performing annually with Night Court: Lawyers Entertaining for Charity. The highlight of her legal career has been testifying in front of House and Senate Committees.
- South Texas College of Law, Doctor of Jurisprudence, 2005
- Delta Language Institute, Santander Spain, Summer 2004
- Advanced Spanish
- The University of Texas at Austin, Bachelor of Arts Human Ecology, 1998
- State Bar of Texas
- All Texas State Courts
- Top Lawyers of 2016, Traffic Law, Houstonia Magazine December 2016
- House Judiciary & Civil Jurisprudence Committee, May 5, 2015
- Testified against HB 3432, which attempted to repeal the requirement for court reporters at trials in Houston Municipal Court
- (See, http://tlchouse.granicus.com/MediaPlayer.php?view_id=37&clip_id=11102 at 41:55).
- Senate Committee on Criminal Justice, May 16, 2013
- Testified against HB 2511, which attempted to repeal the requirement for court reporters at trials in Houston Municipal Court
- (See, http://tlcsenate.granicus.com/MediaPlayer.php?clip_id=599 at 1:36:02).